Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Facebook Rewind, Part 2

A quick and dirty sampling of posts from Facebook for anyone who is lucky enough to be a holdout to that psychotic world...you done better than me.  I'm addicted.  It's the only way for me to feel an instant connect to some of my besties from long ago that now are physically a world away or other moms who don't have time or energy to have an actual telephone (or in person) conversation these days.  Anyhoo - this is just the followup to the first Facebook Rewind, quotes and such from the boys...really just funny stuff I want not to forget.  Thought you might enjoy too.  If you make it through the list there's a visual reward for you at the end.  If you know Esten on a personal level, it may just change your view a bit.

September 10, 2010
It's RODEO time!! Getting duded up this AM for school Esten told me there are cowBOYS and cowGIRLS and they are different. When I asked how, he replied, "duh, Mom, cowBOYS have pee pees." Oh, right. Forgot.

September 18, 2010
Got Dad settled in back home from the hospital, packing up to go on a trip for work, Esten had his first meltdown about it. "I don't want you to go, why can't Chamatoogy be closer to Lewiston!?"

December 13, 2010
Asked Esten what was best/worst about the weekend. Best: "Sledding at Grandma Bucky's on the awesome jump daddy made." Worst: "When Santa breathed in my face. It was the worst and I think the clue was something he ate for breakfast."

December 15, 2010
Yesterday was Jason's birthday, which Clayton refused to believe all day until I brought home cake. He insisted it was "God's birthday". Grandma corrected him, "no, that's Christmas, and it's Jesus's birthday". Before bed Esten was holding the candle from the cake and Clayton warned him, "don't eat Jesus and Daddy's candle, I did that once and it was gross."

December 23, 2010
Two more days...can we make it? Clayton says it's "tho thuper hard to be tho good aww duh time dat thumtymth I-I-I- jutht need a wittow bwake".

January 2, 2011
Esten, trying to put peanut butter on bread: "Mom, could you finish spreading this, because I learned how to in high school but I forgot. I'm kidding Mom, I didn't go to high school, but I did stay at Holiday Inn last night. Kidding again Mom, I stayed in my room last night. I didn't run away in case you were worried." Thanks, I wasn't worried before, but I am a little now.

January 17, 2011
(Esten on Martin Luther King Jr. Day) "It's the birthday of a guy you don't know, Mom. His name was Martin Luther King, and he liked fairness. And this girl with black skin went to school but there wasn't any other kids there, but finally all the kids came back to school, but I think it was because their mom and dad's arms were so tired from carrying the signs. That girl had black skin like my friend Tierra who moved to Chicago, I miss her."

January 24, 2011
As we pull up to the house where Esten's buddy's b-day party is, he says "Mom! I have to go poop!" I told him he could either go there or we could go home first since it was so close. He said "uh, wait, no, I don't think I need to go poop, I think my butt just felt like...like I was afraid of the dog".

January 29, 2011
Boys had KFC for the first/last time last night. Esten refused to eat his chicken leg because there was a bone in it. When I started pulling the meat off and promised no bones were on his plate he still refused, "but MOM, you're not even a DOCTOR!"

January 30, 2011
Me: "No, Esten you don't have to go to Church with Grandma if you don't want to, but can you tell me WHY you don't want to?"Esten: "Come ON, Mom...can I PLEASE just have ONE day for the week that I don't have to put pants on?!"Me: "yes, yes you can, I understand completely."


From the dentist's treasure box, Esten chose a chalk board and Clayton chose a flashlight key chain. A few days later Esten wrote this:




No comments:

Post a Comment